Skip to main content

GXP 9 Chapter 7


7 "That night at the Yamada Family Home"

Note: Nishia may have been refered to earlier as Hokuto, I'm not sure at this point which was the correct reading but I think it was Nishia.

Later that night:

"Everyone, thank you very much for your help today. because of you we did extra well today, but now work hours are over, let's celebrate .... "
Nishia, seina's father, lifted the glass and looked around at everyone,
"cheers!"clink
"here have some more father" Ryoko poured beer into the nishia's empty glass.
"Thank you"
"Please take this" Amane puts dishes in front of nishia.
"would you like me to get you some more mother "
"Thank you, but Gyokuren, you're supposed to be our guests ... ..."

Kyoko noticed Gyokuren's glossiness and blushed a little she looked away, If she hadn't she might had dropped the glass she was holding.

"Mother,I know it can be hard to deal with gyokuren's beauty, even we had to get used, there's no need to be embarrassed, it happens to us all. "  Karen whispered with a bitter smile to kyoko who was a bit embarrassed
"Well, if you say so, that makes be feel better about it ... "
"I bet your wondering if everything is everything on the up and up with seina and all these attractive girls?"
"what?"
"hah, well gyokuren was a bit out of control at first ... ... but seina is a good kid and if anyone tried anything kiriko would put a stop to it."
"I'm surprised anyone would even be interested in him at all."

"we all respect Seina-sama .... and well all definitely respect what you've had to go through with him ... his bad luck has really strengthened his character and he's a good guy."
"I didn't do it alone, I had Kiriko's support, and now ... I guess I have your help too."

"we would all be glad for you to think of it that way."
"... ... Oh,this so nice, it's like a dream come true ... Thank you all I know he can be a hassle."
"Not at all, By the way dishes being served tonight are prototypes for the stores menu, so please tell me your thoughts on them later"

"Kiriko, this is a welcome party there's no need to bring work here." Amane said but most of the people eating it disagreed.
"Kiriko this is delicious, isn't it Neiju-chan" yoshiko said
"Kiriko's cooking is top notch."Neiju said
"oh wow fuku is already full."Fuku laid on a towel with a full stomach
"Oh, are you sleepy, Fuku?"
"miyaaa ~ ~!" Fuku said. kiriko was aware of how fuku felt neglected when they made her sleep alone when they made the subsystem so she had an idea.

"Hey Fuku-chan, why don't you sleep with Yoshiko and Neiju tonight"
"I'd like that. it's been a while since I last slept with Fuku."
"Mya ...... Miah" Fuku looked at seina
"don't worry my room is next to Yoshiko's room"
"Miah"
Fuku nodded little relieved.
fuku neiju and yoshiko left to take a bath and get ready for bed.
---------------------------------

while taking a bath together neiju asked yoshiko a question
" Seina's told me that he regretted not being able to play together with you growing up, is that really true"
"Yeah ............ a long time ago, I my mom bought a new outfit and I went to show it to my older brother .... But when my brother tried to say something, a car tire hit a nearby pebble and it went through his forehead ...... it was amazing the blood went all over my new clothes. "
"Wow ...... so that really did happen."
"I was surprised.... I desperately tried to comfort my brother who had turned blue in the face I was crying "it's going to be ok" and I was holding him keeping him up ... but I was stopped by my mother and forced to move away ... Well, it was only natural she did that, but at that time I didn't understand why ... ... I was very sad. "
"I see. you must have been very worried"
"from then on I always tried to seem happy or giggle whenever something bad happened .... it might seem sadistic, But I just didn't want him to see me make a sad face."Yoshiko said sadly tears floated in her eyes.

"Yoshiko-chan?"
"no, it's ok, I'm fine." Yoshiko washed her face with hot water hiding the tears.
"...... Miah"Fuku also looked anxiously at Yoshiko's face.
"Miah"
"I'm ok Fuku-chan, sorry Neiju-chan, I just remembered the past and got a bit emotional... I'm ok now."Yoshiko shook her face and smiled.
"My mother said that, if Kiriko hadn't show up, she wouldn't have known how she would have managed... I wasn't quite sure what she meant because i was still young, but today i understood once i saw him here with all of you ... ... , Oh and of course Fuku, too, his mood and atmosphere has changed a lot. "
"Did it get better?"
"haha yeah a lot, he almost seems like a normal adult now ... ... but in honesty it was a bit scary to hear that my brother was coming home."

"scary?"
"Since my older brother has been gone, our business and our way of living has improved immensely it's almost like a dream ..."
"oh I understand what you must mean."
"But when my older brother came back, the inside of the house became so bright ... I had expected it to be gloomy again... ... Thank you so much, Neeju-chan, Fuku-chan ... But ... " yoshiko felt bad for pushing off his bad luck on them.

"It's Okay, for someone with bad luck, there are more people are supporting him then most, and everyone who is supporting him is a very good person, most of all they love Seina. also Yoshiko you may not believe it, but Seina's bad luck is important and valuable for millions of companies and high ranking people, even Seina himself was surprised about it, so don't worry and leave it to us. He's in good hands. " Neiju emphasized brightly as if to blow away Yoshiko's melancholy.
"really ... I'm glad. Thank you for helping my big brother."
Yoshiko said she hugged Neiju and Fuku quietly.
---

nishia slammed his beer to the table in a good mood and placed his hand on seina's shoulder.
"Oh my, your colleagues are truly excellent,"
"Yeah, they treat me well"
"No, I mean the're good ... ....all our employees were surprised." nishia said
Ringo looked away out of embarrassment.

"we finished our settlements super quick thanks to Ringo, that's a big deal."
" father, I didn't want to say anything but the delay in the settlement seems to be an intentional choice by the accounting team you have, perhaps the bank's side also has some intentions"
"intentions?"
"There is a high possibility that they are collecting data on large-scale stores in this area ....they might use it as a foundation of sorts ..."
"Foundation?"
"yes, I fear they may try to deprive the Yamada family of the funds to scale and expand"
"what makes you say that!?" As expected,Nishia couldn't hide being upset.

"well they're still in the data collection stage, but I think that it will change depending on the results that are given to them, but I think that it's surprisingly early to make a conclusion"
"is that so ... ... then, what should I do ...?"
"Please rest assured that I have already issued a request for an explanation to the immediate overseeing branch, i hope we will be able to solve this peaceful as possible by ascertaining the other sides intention, but in some cases it's necessary reach out to the overseas parent company, this may get a bit messy, please pardon me. "
"huh ... ....?" Ringo had on a confident face, Nishia and kyoko were a bit perplexed. this was something much bigger then they ever expected.as the store got bigger, the their duties had expanded far beyond what they ever imagined.
"Don't worry father ...... Ringo's accounting section is also known as the"Hyena corps."......"
 Hakuren gently chimed in to make Nishia feel secure.
"H- hyenna? ... ... what ... .... why?"
"because when they turn us into their enemy, they are so defeated it looks like hyena's attacked them."
"...... really? that sounds amazing."
 While watching the smile on Ringo's face as she thought something to herself, Seina 's parents realized that the pretty woman there was a rare kind of demon.
for Ringo who was use to doing this at the national level, a private competition over regional supermarkets was child's play. even if it wasn't a low level opponent there was a reason she was known as the"accounting princess" , she was absolutely unforgiving regarding accounting.
"We'll make sure your troubles disappear one by one. Father, mother "
 Amane cheerfully poured beer into Nishia's glass. Amane's merriment was like a silver bullet that blew away their anxiety.
"oh is that's right, Ahahahaha!"

Seina felt it was time to excuse himself because things were getting too energetic in the room
"Well, I'm should be excusing myself right about now ... I have to get up early tomorrow morning to go say hi to Tenchi." He stood up.
"aww do you have to go so soon, I was just getting use to seeing you again."
"don't forget were stopping by my mother's house before we go."
"Oh, Seina, give Tsukiko and Kai my best,"
"i will... now if you don't mind I'll be going to bed."
"Good night, Seina," Seina was sent off and he left the room.

when all signs of Seina disappeared, suddenly Ringo and Kiriko became serious, they turned to Nishia and Kyoko and corrected their posture. Following that, the other girls also became serious.
"What's going on why have you all suddenly changed?"
 They were puzzled by the appearances of Ringo and Kiriko.
"I should have told you this much earlier... ... I'd like you to apologize firstly for what I have had to put seina through to get you all of this. "

"What is there to apologize for?"
"I've put Seina on many dangerous missions, despite my responsibility for seina as his guardian."
"no mother father if you should blame anyone don't blame Kiriko , if any one is to blame then ... ...."
"its alright we let raise you him for the two of us. Anyways we still don't know what your apologizing for. Please at least let us know the reasons first."
"Yes... right.……"Ringo said a little disoriented.

"it began when Seina-san went to the Academy,there was a huge attack in the middle of the trip, a massive criminal bust occurred all thanks to Seina-sama and that was how we found out about his ability. "
"Huh? What do you mean?"
" Seina-san attracted those offenders in mass."
"well that sounds kind of lucky for you now isn't it?" Nishia looked at the kyoko to seek consent.
"That's right ... I'm sorry for those in the transportation car ..."
"Tentatively, though he was able to arrive safely"

"Well that's good, but ....we should tell you about the first time he road in a car with us... that was a story... "
"rocks came flying at us, and the car kept malfunctioning Ahahaha."
"well that brings us to the next issue ... Seina has never really made any long distance trips has he?"
"Well after we put him on a bus once those who made it out ok but refused to let him participate in any more school trips"
"that's horrible ... ..." The girls who were listening in silence had been taken aback.
"Oh, sorry ..."

"Our job has a transport department for goods, and there are many valuable items in the packages we ship, and for that reason we often get raided, Sometimes we send out a decoys ... "
"oh... how interesting"
"so is that how he got all this money?"
"Yes, the units to which Seina belongs are remarkably active,and the number of bandits he has captured has been enormous"

"and well Ringo-sama had given the opportunity for each of the companies saved by him to to reward him personally in addition to the base rewards ..."
"But If you consider it as the price of Seina's life, it's nothing at all, and on the contrary, his life can never be exchanged for money ... we are s-sor ..."Ringo bit her lips with a bitter face.
" we're just glad that he is so cherished by everyone all that's important is that my son is happy ... ...."
"auntie ......"

"kiriko you've noticed the change in him as well haven't you?"
"Well, I uhm... ...."
"If he is happy I see no reason to stop it."
"Thank you very much ...I'm glad to hear that ... ... But there is one more problem, it is about you two, and Yoshiko."
"us... ...?"

"Seina's work also brings along with it resentment"
"Oh, that."they nodded, as if they had anticipated it.
"Actually, as the shop's got bigger, I've been told to think about crime prevention, I'm supposed to get a security device to carry with me soon, and I'll be taking classes as well"
"really?"
"well were also worried about Yoshiko ... but ... well is there something wrong?
"Of course not right now, but know we have the strongest guard system already watching over you. So please don't be so worried. "

 they meant Washu and Masaki family. With their scientific power and military strength, there was no one who could harm the Yamada family. In addition, a high concentration of nanomachines to monitor the area was extended throughout the solar system.
"Thank you very much ..."
"No, we have no way to reward Seina properly for taking on this level of danger."
"it sounds Sufficient enough! is there something you're leaving out?"
"No but i want you to ask us anything you may want to know. please think of this as a Q and A session, please ask us anything."Kiriko said
---------

seina went into the bathroom and realized it was more danger to take a bath alone then it was worth. he headed to bed instead.
---------
"Oh ... ... what is this"
In the living room the females of seina's team were gathering together in one corner of the table. they were eager to see what was in the several old albums labeled "Seina's Records".

"lovely......"  Gyokuren murmured creepily, while looking at the picture of Seina pasted on the album. Everyone got goose bumps.
"Stop having a strange atmosphere! stop!"
"He's so adorable ... but he's hurt in every photos."
"Yes... how pretty..."
"S-stop it!"
"No, It doesn't matter what you say to Gyokuren now. just let her have one of the books to herself and keep away from her for a while."

"Yes. that would be lovely."
"Here you go"
Hakuren gave Gyokuren a loose set of pictures that kyoko passed her,
Karen moved her to the corner of the room for the time being.
"wow ... that sure is something, what a really amazing girl."
"father, are you OK?"
"What? huh?"Hokuto said high pitched clearly experiencing a physiological phenomena that effected his lower extremities.

" Mother why is he bandaged up all over in every picture?"
"Well,that's just my boy, If I didn't bandage him at home we would be in debt with the hospital and he wouldn't have been able to go when he got seriously injured."
" he seems like he's been injured in so many places."
"That's right, so when whenever he was injured, I took a photograph as a memorial."
"Auntie ... ... when was this one taken?"
"When he fell into a manhole, oh and this time was when he stepped on the tricycle pedal wrong."
"that day you got him sandals right?"
"yeah and this was one day when Kiriko-chan came back home with Seina ... ...."
"he fell into a rice field and rolled into the river, oh and here's that time he bicycled over a pigeon and his bicycle did loopdy loops and he went down some stairs... I thought that was going to just be a sprain but it was serious."
"when did this all start?"

"From the very beginning, all the nurses, obstetrics and gynecologists on the day that he was born had a cold and a stomach ache, that was nearly eighty people, and when he was born, a rare earthquake occurred here. it suddenly went from clear skies to a thunderstorm, and thunder hit a nearby tree and it caught on fire and it took the firefighters a while to get here due to heavy rain. also there were several registration mistakes made. "

"... ... I see that is one heck of a story"
"Well, now it's a funny story... but well..."
"……Ah!"Ryoko cried out.
"What?"
"I just noticed something off ... Seina's photo's even when he's pretty severely injured, he's happy in all of them."
"But when you take pictures you usually smile don't you?"
"Amane-san ...... Please look carefully! It's obviously he isn't faking it for the camera."
"Wow ... you're right ..."
"Yes, there were times when I suspected that his injuries had caused brain damage."
"I was worried that he might be a masochist! Ahahaha!"
seina's parent's laughed. There was a lot of suffering behind there laughs.

"how can you laugh about something like that?"
"he's been like this since he was young... No, from the time he was born, there's nothing else they can do with such bad luck ... ... really." Ringo said everyone became silent.

"Oh! by any chance was this taken around this time that he met Kiriko?" Amane pointed at a picture.
"Oh, yeah, you've got a good eye"
"That must be why his mood changed.... obviously."
she pointed to a picture with Kai and two people laughing with bandages around their head and arms.
"is that Kiriko's brother? he's laughing together right next to Seina, how did he put up with that?"
"... Well, Kai is an easygoing guy."

"I guess I understand why Kiriko was frustrated."
"amane!"
 Kiriko held up a fist frustratingly with a cold tone.
"I Don't doubt for a moment that he is smiling because of her." she Pointed at the picture of a young Kiriko and Seina. Ryoko smiled.
If anything, in this one she seemed like his big sister.
"Ah don't show them that!"
"haha you must be grateful for Kiriko, People say it's like seina has a scary watchdog ...... I've heard her refereed to as Cerberus."

"...I have never heard of anyone calling me that!"
"Ahahahaha ~ ~! well they wouldn't say it to your face Kiriko.
"do you even know what that is?"
"No! I don't!" Kiriko said crankily
"oh... good"

It seems that most of Kiriko's reaction seemed to have been what she was imagining. Amane grinned.
Hakuren gazed at the pictures of Seina with a pitiful look.
"he sure had some awful luck"
"Hmm ... ... its too bad you don't have a picture of his first kiss." Amane said

"What what what what !?"
kiriko got into guard mode like Cerberus. amane laughed.
"You know, I first met with Seina, Seina got drug into the pond in front of Tenchi's house ... ... and I gave him C P R." she said
"uwa!"

"Amane , do you really think that counts??? It is just a standard medical practice ... ... Kiriko you should know better than that, please calm down"
"What!, DO I NOT LOOK CALM!?"
"Seina's watchdog, eh? i totally see it"
"mmm hmm." everyone agreed
"well if that doesn't count then you know what does."
Kiriko flashed back to kuisu panta as tsukiko kissing seina.
"............"
kiriko was embarrassed as she thought of it.
"... ... Well, then Seina's first kiss is decided !"
they quieted down and figured it was best to drop it and keep searching the album

"Stop it! wait a moment!"
"…… what is it?"
Gyokuren pointed out a picture to Amane.
"Oh!?" they all noticed after a while
"This is when Kiriko left for space isn't it?"
"ahk!" Kiriko panicked
it was a group photo taken from that time.
there was a radiant and relieved looking Kiriko, a lonely Seina, and smiling Tsukiko.
"... ............ ah don't look at that!"kiriko turned red

"where is kai?"
"Kai must have been taking the picture... but look there's Kiriko's bags ..."
"Ah!" Tsukiko was stuck to Seina as closely as possible in the picture....
"It is quite subtle, but ... I think it's clear to see what's going on here don't you? this is a picture of a woman who is very much in love with seina." Gyokuren's power to read the picture was at an ESP level.

"I know you know that face she is making, Kiriko-sama"
"well...Before ... ... when I was opposed to Seina coming to GP, she told me what would happen if Seina returned here."
"Oh what do you mean kiriko?" kyoko finally chimed in
"uhm.......... I'd rather we talk about that alone"
"this is a welcome party for you, none of us really mind, ... please tell us."

"does she really even need to .... obviously he would have had to live in Masaki village once he graduated from junior high school or high school, He couldn't keep living with you without ruining you financially, and that means he would be dependent on Tsukiko-san" Amane deduced.

"and if Seina and Kiriko's mother were going to have lived together what do you think would have happened" gyokuren teased
"Auntie, I'm sure Gyokuren is just joking ... ...."
"Why do you say that, i see nothing bad about that. Tsukiko-san would be a good match for him, I have no objections, of course ... ... all you other girls would also be great too,"
"oh..." the women all blushed.

"Well, do you have any other questions?"
"uhm! hmmmm I don't know..."
the party continued late into the night as the girls continued looking over the photographs.
Click here for the start of the next episode: Chapter 8