Skip to main content

GXP 12 Chapter 1


See the source image

1 "That man's landscape" 




 "You are a strange man"  
The old man's guard said in amazement

 "If I do this your people will reimburse me for the damage as soon as I'm done right? If you knew how valuable this was your eyes would probably jump out of your skull, are you sure they will be able to replace it?"

 "You shouldn't say such stupid things!If you don't like our offer then you perhaps you'd like to stay herw for the full hundred years?" the guard said, he was amazed with the smug face that the old man responded with.

 "But I want to stay here the full term, I think of it as a sort of fundraiser... ha ha! and that's not a joke."

 "... .... your going to be in here 100 years at the very least ... Well certainly for a normal person that's like a year, but your so old it's practically all you have left old man. and you want to spend it in such a place? Don't you think that's a total waste? "

 "Uhuhuhuhu. That may be true for ordinary people, but this is not a bad environment for thinking."

 "So you'd rather rot in here than have to pay to the bill to repair that stupid vase?"

 "It's a matter of principle........ uhg..... Damn that stupid girl!"


The man was desperately trying to restore a piece of pottery that had been broken into pieces. 

"... ... Is our chat disturbing you ?" 

 "oh by no means, I can work on up to twenty things at once if i feel like it, our silly little chat is in no way a distraction for me." 

"If you know your going to be compensated, Why don't you just throw it away?" 
"Do you know how much trouble it took for me to get this! and you want me to just throw it away?" 

 "Really? ... I don't know much about antiques... ... is that pot a rare one?" 

 "It was made with a level of craftsmanship that was impossible for any ordinary man"  
the man said as he thought of the appearance of the pottery before it had been damaged

 "It's Shape, luster,  and touch ... ... were all very perfect."

 "But it's impossible to restore it to perfection with that level of shattering, and you expect to do it without any tools?"  

Prisons had to have fields that prevented people from pulling out equipment stored in the subspace. Otherwise, even the most secure prison would be easily escapable.

"Who do you think I am!! I can restore it even without a tool." 
 "That's quite a big undertaking. "  

the old man was arrogant and highly prideful, but but enjoyed conversations with the guard. 

 "Anyways, I heard that for the last two hundred years before you got here people only were able to rumor about what you were up to, what were you doing? and how did you end up here ..."  

 "I often wonder what I was doing ..."  The old man was silent and had on a serious expression which was rare. 

"What's wrong, don't you remember?" 

 "... No, it's nothing, well, there are so many things I do it's hard to keep track when your a busy body like me."  The man responded and quickly restarted his repair work. 

 "Okay ... .... But why did they give you such a long sentence, I don't see how you can be so nonchalant about it  ..."  

The guard had a bit of a sad look on his face because he knew he would be retired from his job long before the old man was released. He kept an eye on the pottery that the man was restoring. 

the old man was enthusiastically searching for the position of each piece, but he was a tremendously long ways away from being done. It was like he was building a pure white jigsaw puzzle made of tens of thousands of pieces. 

 "Well at least you have something to keep you occupied."  

his sentence was over a hundred years. It would probably be completed by the end of it. 

 "I don't want to spend all my time on it, but I don't plan on rushing." 

 "Hey, your sentence has more than a hundred years on it right?" 

 "You never know shaba, There are always people who have a need for a person like me uhuhuhuhu"
The old man said with glaring eyes. 

His eyes were youthful and energetic one wouldn't have been able to tell that he had lived over ten times longer than the guard. 

 "After all, isn't that the essence of a philosophy?"  

The desire to acquire knowledge and to desire to want things never ended.
someone would always need a philosopher.

End chapter


See the source image